09 September 2008

the naked diet

In the (UK) Daily Telegraph, Jessica Fellowes consulted with experts about various diets. I like this one, but for other people
UNDRESS FOR DINNER

How it works: Most of us would be repulsed by the sight of ourselves stuffing food into a body where love handles are on show. Taking your clothes off before you eat, to make you feel self-conscious about every fattening mouthful, is one option.

But if that doesn't work, curb your cravings by eating naked in front of a full-length mirror. This is only recommended when dining solo - and definitely not in restaurants.

The expert's view: Matt Roberts, personal trainer to stars such as Madonna and Sting, says that such an extreme way to reduce your food intake might just work. "While it's probably best not to try this with hot soup, I think that everyone should take an occasional, honest look at themselves naked to assess what shape they are really in."

Shame yourself into eating less
Eating naked could be a helpful reality check
If Jamie Oliver (the Naked Chef) actually cooked naked, he might use less fattening ingredients.

******************
CQ dropped over for dinner, which was only arranged this afternoon. Thankfully I had some lamb in the fridge. Despite not starting cooking until 7.30pm, I made a lamb roast (very rare), mash potato and sweet potato with a bit of truffle mix from a jar, and broccoli.

The oven blew, but it was only the fuse, which I was able to reset. It might be a hint from the oven that it needs to be cleaned. Imagine if I had called a repairer in and he (women do not seem to work in the industry) checked the fuse first.

1 comment:

Bogdan, the editor said...

I'm going to try this! I need to lose 10 pounds.

I'll start later. I need to stuff down this ramen first.