17 February 2007

Footy update

The team's intra-club match was held last night in Brisbane and the new players (recruits in the senior list, and the rookies) showed great promise.



Links
- report from the Brisbane Lions website
- report from The Age newspaper

The new clash guernsey was also announced/unveiled on 2 February. I haven't decided if I like it yet. There is no maroon in it (the club's colours are maroon, blue and gold).



Thankfully, I managed to purchase last year's gold version which many supporters dislike (but which I like).



I can't wait for the preseason (NAB Cup) game next weekend.

******************************************

Today is the last day of the Year of the Dog so I spent most of the day cleaning the house despite it being rather warm. I finally put the scratching posts away which was upsetting. I really miss brushing Keiser's fur in the middle of vacuuming, and the well-earned nap together with her in the afternoon.

Earlier in the week, I also had about 100 photos of Keiser developed (about five or six were duplicates to give to her dearest human friends - of her on their laps). I also have a large one framed 10x8 inches.


(taken on 1 January 2007)
She may not be here in purrson, but she is always in my heart (even though it is broken), and I have a life size photo of her sweet face to look at every day.

Tonight I am burning 17 candles for Keiser (for the nearly 17 wonderful years she had, about 12 of those years were with me).

Keiser loved our football team and the club (membership office) sent me a very nice card. Keiser had her own membership and the office was sad to learn of her passing.

2 comments:

Steelius said...

She's so beautiful. Did she really have her own membership? Did she get Kitty-rates?

ACT said...

Yep. Keiser even received her own mail from the club.