10 July 2007

William Kamkwamba's blog

William Kamkwamba built a windmill using whatever material he could find, in order generate electricity.

He has a wonderful blog about his experiences.

Me_with_the_book_that_changed_my_li My name is William Kamkwamba. I am 19 years old. I live in Mastala Village in the area of T/A Wimbe in the Kasungu district of Malawi, about 2 1/2 hours north of Lilongwe, Malawi's capital city. Over the next few weeks, I will try to communicate the journey I have taken over the last several years.

One note: My native language is Chichewa, the indigenous language of Malawi. The country's official language is English, and my English comprehension is good. I can speak pretty well, too, and write, but I'm a bit out of practice, so a friend of mine is helping with the writing and editing of this blog.

At home I live with my family, parents Agnes and Trywell Kamkwamba and four of my six sisters. I'm second among the seven children: my older sister is married and has two children and lives away from our home. My next younger sister is away part of the year at school.

You can read the rest of his blog here. From being discovered through his invention, William now has access to computers and the internet. Knowledge is truly amazing and it is great how William is learning all the time and applying his knowledge.

*****************************
Happy Tuesday!

No comments: