20 April 2008

2020 summit

1000 of the best and brightest minds were in Canberra over the weekend for the Australia 2020 Summit.

The collective IQ in Canberra went up a few notches. It was a good opportunity to leave town in order to maintain the intelligence equilibrium.

(totally deadpan tongue in cheek)

**************
I had a fantastic weekend in Brisbane, even though it was only 24 hours there. Literally.

I met up with a few friends (Wazza, Andrew, Lisa and Cozi) at The Den before the game. The game itself was one of the best I've seen, even though my team lost. I had arranged seats for three of us (Leigh and Tim) right up the front just behind the fence and next to the interchange bench and dugout. As it was a dry (alcohol free) part, the other two spent much of the time standing behind so they could drink. Sippers! They haven't learnt to gulp beer yet! It was a great night though.

This morning I went into the city to look for a new pair of jeans and ended up with more 'bargains'. Later on, I caught up with Leigh for lunch in his neighbourhood before he drove me to the airport.

It was good to return home to Kane.