29 July 2008

still googling

The new search engine cuil does not appear to live up to its hype.

The results are presented in a messy way and half of them are not actual hits but advertisements.

Back to Google.

*************
Aside from missing a function in Melbourne on Friday night due to a cancelled flight, I had an enjoyable weekend.

On arrival on Saturday morning, I headed straight to the MCG to catch the Essendon/Collingwood game. What a ripper of a game. Aside from watching the Pies getting smashed, it was great seeing my favourites playing really well.

In between, although I left the MCG in the final quarter, I caught up with friends at the Turf Bar.

The night game between Brisbane Lions/Richmond was a thrilling game, but the results did not go our way.

On Sunday morning, I went to the Melbourne Aquarium for our club's family day. It was great to catch up with a couple of the players (whom I missed on Friday, and after the game when they were not talking to anybody).

In the afternoon, I joined Elizabeth, Sue B and Kerry at the National Gallery of Victoria for the Art Deco exhibition.

It was great to visit and stay with Elizabeth and Fritz again.

No comments: