12 April 2009

the First Puppy... out of the bag

It seems that the arrival of the First Puppy has been the stuff of intrigue in Washington DC. Not even White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs could avoid media questions on Thursday.
Q And since this is the Easter weekend, instead of a bunny for the girls, are they going to get their Portuguese Water Dog? (Laughter.)

MR. GIBBS: Very good. That was pretty good. I have no --

Q Hey, I lost a bet. I thought we would get --

MR. GIBBS: Did you guys have a pool?

Q -- the dog question a lot sooner.

MR. GIBBS: Oh. (Laughter.)

Q See, it takes me to do that. (Laughter.)

MR. GIBBS: I have no update on when the dog is coming.
Scooped by Washington Post, and typically for Washington, full of political intrigue including leaks, denials and exclusives. Yes, the First Puppy is a six month old Portuguese water dog renamed Bo.

No comments: