10 November 2009

40 years of Sesame Street

Sesame Street Google with the ensemble. Where is Mr Snuffleupagus?


People all over the world between the ages of 20 and 50 are probably reminiscing about their childhoods with Sesame Street. I don't know when I stopped watching, but with younger siblings, I was still watching well into my teens.


Richard Termine/Sesame Workshop

I remember the opening sequences below (first two) from when I was a kid.

episode 1575 opening


episode 2178 opening


Having stopped watching, as most grown ups without young children do, I am not familiar with the new sequence from 1998-2001, but do understand that something as important as the opening sequence theme music must evolve with the times.

episode 3940


Promotion for the new series


Elmo's new best friend is Jake Gyllenhall (from New York Post) photo by Jesse Grant

No comments: