13 April 2010

hold the fries... and the drink... and skip your next meal



There was a lot of buzz about KFC's new Double Down, prior to its release, described as a sandwich (but without any bread).

The new KFC Double Down sandwich is real! This one-of-a-kind sandwich features two thick and juicy boneless white meat chicken filets (Original Recipe® or Grilled), two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's Sauce. This product is so meaty, there’s no room for a bun!
See also television advertisement/commercial



NPR just had to have a taste test. Their verdict? I think you'll need to find out for yourself.

And CNN


Fortunately or unfortunately, the concoction is not available outside of the United States.

Yes, I would try it once and forgo the next two meals.

3 comments:

nate said...

part of me was shocked when I saw this, while the other part was like "of course!" and a sickening side of me wants to try it. If I do? I'll let you know what I thought...if I don't end up in the hospital.

Daniel said...

Have you Nate?

nate said...

not yet. down with a nasty bout of flu. Once I'm better, I will.