15 April 2007

Something little known about me #1

I once auditioned for host of a cooking show (this was about two years before Jamie Oliver came on the scene). It was a series that the producers were hoping to sell to cable.

I was really good too.

In the end, the producers decided that someone older was more usual, and that I was too young for the audience, even though I had flair.

Hmmm... an almost career in television.

*********************

Spent most of the day out from 9am to 9pm, most of that time on the highway. Went with Bob to the football game in Sydney between the Sydney Swans and Brisbane Lions. It was a good but disappointing game.

2 comments:

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

dis iz verree intrestin to me, daniel. i know dat yer a verree good cook. wut did u make fer yer awdishun? wuz it ...
vin-da-loo? (i miss da byootiful keiser)
i wish i could see da tape.
luv--yer frend--jh
ps--why don't u vizit mi blog?

Anonymous said...

I think you should try out again if you ever see the chance!!! Some of the meals you write about sound too good. I may have to travel to your country just to have your cooking!