02 May 2007

the world below your feet

A few days ago, I mentioned going with Leah to check out the foyer of Eureka Tower, the tallest (apartment) building in Melbourne (92 storeys).

The Eureka Tower dominates the Melbourne skyline.

Not only does the building have an observation deck (like most tall buildings), but it incorporates a glass cube 300 metres above the ground (on the 88th floor) called The Edge.



Tower

Tower

Meh! The glass elevators on the outside of Seattle's Space Needle are more thrilling (though at about half the height).

*******************************
I roasted a marinaded pork belly for dinner, with roast potatoes and blanched beans. Emily is a salty crunch junkie (crackling).

We watched Prison Break on TV this time and now up to date with the local broadcast. And ahead on Heroes.

2 comments:

Bogdan, the editor said...

Does the apartment building hand out booties as people enter the glass cube?

You should share some of your recipes! Though I won't be eating any pork belly anytime soon, I'd love to find out how you cook your side dishes. Well, not so much me, because I can't cook - no really - I usually make a big mess and ruin perfectly good food. But my husband cooks, and I know HE would be interested, mostly because I'm interested. :)

P.S. I hope to go visit the cats tomorrow. They will be there for at least another week. Sara left her cage/room on her own the other day!! The staff was so excited they called me right away!!

This is the longest comment ever.

- Jennifer

ACT said...

Hi Jennifer

I'm glad Sara is more settled.

I'm sure your husband knows how to bake potatoes!

Daniel