27 October 2007

Darwin Awards candidate...

From The Australian

Intruder bleeds to death in backyard

October 27, 2007

A 37-YEAR-OLD man has bled to death after slipping on broken glass while allegedly trying to climb through a bedroom window in Adelaide's south.

The man was almost decapitated after slipping on broken glass at a Moorong Rd property in O'Sullivan Beach about 2.10am today, South Australian police said.

It is believed the man sliced his neck, which caused fatal bleeding.

The house's occupants were in the bedroom as the man, from Christies Beach, tried to enter the house, police said.

“Indications are that the man threw a garden ornament through a bedroom window which woke the occupants and ... slipped and suffered a severe laceration which killed him,” Senior Constable Mick Abbott said.

“The man's death is being treated as non-suspicious.”

Police were investigating the man's death, he said.

The man is believed to have used a garden gnome to break the window, Sky News reports.

The house's owner found the man in a pool of blood, but ambulance officers called to the scene were unable to revive him.

Another worthy candidate for the Darwin Awards (Honoring those who improve the species...by accidentally removing themselves from it!).

******************
This morning, Mary and I went to the farmers' market. We hadn't been for a while. The trouble with that market is that everything looks so good to eat (or cook) and I overstock on fresh meat which I refuse to freeze. I guess I will need to have dinner guests next week.

In the afternoon, I went to visit Stella to meet her new kitty (well the kitty called Moko, a Devon Rex breed is now ten months old). Stella thinks I need to adopt a new kitty. I think I could just borrow Moko.

No comments: