20 October 2007

poor philly... the ugliest... and RIP Kane

From Travel + Leisure magazine
Earlier this year, Travelandleisure.com and CNN Headline News polled travelers and residents on what they like (and don't like) about 25 top urban destinations in the U.S. Turns out that people have some pretty strong feelings about New York, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Miami, and other hot spots—we received nearly 60,000 responses.
And the results?

Philadelphia has the least attractive people, with the most attractive in Miami.

Los Angeles has the least intelligent people, with the most intelligent in Seattle.

Hmmm... I'd rather visit Seattle than Miami.

*********************
This morning, Beryl and Ted and Ji-ha came over to visit and informed me that Kane, that lovely German Shepherd who stays with me from time to time, passed away.

I had been thinking that he was due for another visit. Kane was nearly 11 and a half years old, and died in his sleep at home. I'll miss Kane, I really enjoyed going for walks with him. Rest in peace Kane, you were a wonderful companion.


(photo from March 2007)

No comments: